Weakly Surprise

Thursday, 9-07-2006
1h for 9.75 Miles on Allen Parkway, including 9.5 Miles in 59'15"

Still sick. Not much energy, but I knew I would have a better run than yesterday, as I did feel a tiny bit better. Did have some sensation in my adductor/groin, which I did not like (just slight discomfort), but it did not bother me on the run.

This was the same run I ran on Tuesday, a 15' warm-up followed by 45' of steady state or up-tempo running. This time I passed through the first loop (4.75 miles), with warm-up, in 30'53" or about 6'30" pace. I ran my second loop in 28'22" (5'58" pace), which put me at 59'15" for two loops or 9.5 miles of hills at 6'15" pace. Hit an intermediate 4.75 miles at 28'35" which was 6'01" pace.

Anyhow, enough about numbers, but it was a solid effort. I cannot wait until I am 100% healthy and not sick to test out this course again, because it is tough and 6'15" pace for about 10 miles at this point in my training is not too shabby. Sure, I need a lot more work, but this is a good start. Am getting stronger every week.

Popular posts from this blog

Shami Marathon Prep (WK 10)

HIT THE GROUND RUNNING

Strengthen