Rest

Sunday, 9-17-2006
Rest


Opted to rest today, as I have been ill with flu-like symptoms for well over a week now and it is bothering me. Usually I am quick to recover, but I continue with chills, coughing, fever, and the such. Perhaps I'm dying. Perla says she may have found a grey hair on my head. I always swore that when I did, in fact, start getting grey hair it would be a sign to me that my body was aging and rebelling, and thus I could be less serious about my running.

Yesterday's race proved worthwhile in establishing some new time goals for workouts and some new pace objectives. For example, my original goal schedule was oriented around 3'20" per kilometer for a marathon, or 2h18' pace. Now, I am back at my personal best of 2h31' or 3'35" per kilometer. This has impacted my training significantly.

For example, recovery runs are now established at 6'40-7'05" pace, whereas before I hoping for 6'15-6'40" pace. I will still continue to schedule three workouts or faster paced runs per week as I build strength and fitness. I have no idea how quickly I will come around, but I do not want to rush the process.

The good news is that my adductor is close to 100%, even though my sickness has me at 50% or so. Oh well, such is life, eh? Pressing on...

Popular posts from this blog

Shami Marathon Prep (WK 10)

HIT THE GROUND RUNNING

Strengthen