Fluid with No Aggression

Thursday, 9-14-2006
1h01'07" for 9.5 Miles around Allen Parkway

I am one of two things lately, 1) sick, and 2) stressed. I still continue to have a low-grade fever and suffer from a cough, full-body aches, and dizziness. Also, I am amazingly stressed financially and that is truly affecting how I feel. Perhaps I'm suffering from a slight bought of depression, but I finish these efforts absolutely wasted.

Anyhow, today the weather was much better and the workout was the same: 15' warm-up, followed by 45' up-tempo with the goal right under 6' pace on the hills. I finally felt pretty solid physically, as Dr. Sanders nailed my injury yesterday with his creative hip flexor ART and I have felt a noticeable "release" in my groin. Anyhow, I did not have the energy to attack the run, perhaps because I do have a race approaching on Saturday, but moreso because I have absolutely no energy.

I was surprised that I passed the first loop in 31'30", which is slow and then finished in 29'40" for a pace of 6'15", which is pret pathetic, but at least I did not have to stop and was quite fluid and economical. Disappointed in the time, but I will take the effort and the sensations.

Popular posts from this blog

Shami Marathon Prep (WK 10)

HIT THE GROUND RUNNING

Grinding It Out