Return to Huntsville

Sunday, 9-03-2006
1h30' on Rolling Hills at Huntsville State Park for 13 Miles


Gotta thank Chad for making this trip a reality. He sure is the trooper. We headed out to Huntsville State Park, the training grounds of champions, early Sunday morning at 5:45 in the "Silver Bullet", Chad's powerful Audi A3. Anyhow, upon arriving at Huntsville, we found a very dry and crisp trail with very nice 75-degree weather.

The goal for myself was 90', while Chad was heading out on an 18-miler, or two loops of my infamous rollercoaster course. Chad led the early going, but then I took over, leading us up the single track through Lower Earth and into Middle Earth. It was only until late in the Upper Crust that Chad fell back into his own rhythm and I ran onward. At close to 47', and once breaching a very big hill, I decided to double-back, while Chad would go on for a full loop.

I felt stronger as the run went on, actually running phenomenally through a very dense section of trail from 70-80' or so. This run did wonders for my injury and hopefully it helped strengthen all my weak stabilizer muscles. I had no issues until the final 5' on concrete and hills when I was kicking for home. Otherwise, a great run, a great fitness-booster, and a run that was very much needed. Chad returned close to the 2h30' mark. Now that's a long run.

Popular posts from this blog

Shami Marathon Prep (WK 10)

HIT THE GROUND RUNNING

Grinding It Out