Sickness in Summation

Monday, 9-25-2006
48' for about 7 Miles around Heritage Park

Alright, where do I begin? Well, I went to the Dr. on Friday after a week or so of refusing to admit that I was sick. However, as 10 days passed from my initial sickness, I soon came to the conclusion that I either have sinusitis or bronchitis or a little of both. So, after my last run of 30' on Wednesday of last week, my focus was on to rebuild my immune system by resting. And so I rested the best I could, coughing all day long and enduring sinus pain and headache after headache. Oh, the Dr.

What a joke. I ended up getting on webmd.com and selecting a reasonably priced doctor from their list, as I do not have health insurance. Anyhow, by the time the Dr. sees me I know I am in for a disappointment. The guy goes on to question if I either have AIDS, am a homosexual, or participate in recreational drug use. I'm like, buddy, I'm a serious runner and I am sick. He reasons that he rarely sees men as thin as I am and since I do not mention losing of weight or fever, that I am fine and that there is nothing wrong with me. $95 later I am walking out of that office p!ssed, because I am still filthy sick. My ears are going to explode and I just feel an infection in my sinuses... Argh..

And so I spend the weekend sick again, face full of pain and ickiness. By now I am relegated to just deal with the sickness as I do not have the money to go back to another Dr. I hope this will pass soon. Which leads me to my run.

I spoke to Doug Erickson, my mentor, and he advised I at least head out for 48' daily in order to maintain cardiovascular fitness. So, I ran this AM. Not fast, just enough. The worst part about this is that my adductor felt great while I was sick, it now aches like crazy, like it was over-worked. I swear that thing will not disappear.

Anyhow, it was a good run in full sweats thanks to 65-degree weather, but I still feel like I have bronchitis, as I was coughing quite violently when I finished my run. Drove out to a local park to survey possible running trails, but was utterly disappointed. Concrete everywhere.

Will repeat the 48' tomorrow morning and Wednesday I'll run at Memorial with a trip to Dr. Sanders to really nail down this adductor. Hopefully. Oh, and if I am not much better by Wednesday, than I am going to another doctor.

Popular posts from this blog

Shami Marathon Prep (WK 10)

HIT THE GROUND RUNNING

Grinding It Out