Friday, 7:30 AM, 9-29-2006
47'28" for about 7 Miles in Heritage Park
Big-time recovery run, but I was still covering ground well. My hamstrings are both absolutely trashed due to some new squats I have incorporated in order to fully heal my left adductor. That's how weak I am, is that body-weight (actually, I hold two GU2O cannisters in my hands- probably weigh 2 lbs. each) squats tear me up. They were very tender and weak and caused me not to push the pace at all, which I did not mind. A good run, and am hopefully getting healthy and getting my dedication back.

Thursday, 7:15 PM, 9-28-2006
45'36" for about 7 Miles at Memorial Park
Solid run. I really opened up on this run. I started out for 24-minutes, passed my starting point in about 21' and then turned around at 24-minutes to retrace my steps. I really opened it up tonight in the darkness. My hamstrings were trashed, but they held up to the pace and I really felt like I was moving. "Moving" right now was probably at 6' pace, but I'll take it. More importantly I loved the mindset of just digging in and pushing without fear of consequene. I think that's what one gets when injured... you lose that fear of limitations. I definitely did not have any limits tonight and ran very well. Also pleased wth my dedication to get out there late after 9 hours of work.

Wednesday, 7:15 AM, 9-27-2006
46'29" for about 7 Miles in Heritage Park
Good solid run. Felt in better shape already, but not as good a run as yesterday, but I'll take it. Ran in my new Mizuno Elixir's and they were alright. A bit boxy and firm, but it felt good running in a new pair of shoes. Once again did not push the pace and just allowed the run to develop, as Dieter Hogan states. Good run.

Popular posts from this blog

Shami Marathon Prep (WK 10)

HIT THE GROUND RUNNING

Strengthen