Solid Run

Saturday, 8-26-2006
45' and 7 Miles around Memorial Park

Interesting day. Was scheduled to pace Chad through 7 miles at 68' pace for 10 miles, but by two miles we were already at 6'40" pace and he soon fell back soon after 3 miles. By 2 miles I felt tremendous fatigue in my left glute, the same glute that became exhausted in last night's Pilates session. Anyhow, I kept the pace and by 4-5 miles I was feeling pretty solid, running quite strongly. I barely slept last night as I tweaked my adductor on my final exercise last night and was so worried that I was back to square one and injured. However, although painful, I kept pace and had a great run at 6'30" pace. Everyone complained about the weather, including Drew Prisner, Gerardo Mora, Carlo Deason, and Chad, but I thought it was great. Then again, I'm the one that's only been back a couple of weeks. A great run and confidence booster. Now we'll see what I can do over 10 miles tomorrow..

Popular posts from this blog

Shami Marathon Prep (WK 10)

HIT THE GROUND RUNNING

Grinding It Out