45' with the Boys

6 Miles in 42'45"

Met up with Chad and Rudy at the Seabrook Trails this morning for my attempt at a 45' run with two much more fit runners at the moment. The morning was humid, with the constant threat of storms, but we proceeded to run well, perhaps close to 7'30" pace or faster at times. I had to stop a stretch a couple of times for my hamstrings, which gave me trouble on the slippery trail surface (I have been doing all of my running on concrete). Plus, it was my first run in a new pair of New Balance 900's (my all-time favorite lightweight stability trainer) that I snagged off the Internet.

I did have more soreness in my adductor throughout the day than usual, but I improved the situation by doing two sets of adductor strengthening and stability drills. I truly believe that now that I have the injury under control, all I need to do is strengthen it.. but how!!?

Sunday I will either attempt a 30' run or a 1h run, depending on the feel of my adductor.

Popular posts from this blog

Shami Marathon Prep (WK 10)

HIT THE GROUND RUNNING

Grinding It Out