30' aerobic run

6AM: @ 4 miles in 30'00"

This morning's run went surprisingly well. I awoke at 6AM, put on my CW-X short tights (was not going to take any unnecessary risks), proceeded to do two sets of stability ball exercises, carried Madelyn to the car, and then headed out for my run at a local training path.

Immediately I was surprised at how strong I felt for taking 2 weeks off. The tendinitis in my left knee was nonexistant, but the dreaded "injury" was still there. High up in my hip flexor/groin, the tightness persisted. I looked forward to it loosening up, which it did. The most troublesome part of the run was my light cramping in my left calf at 12-minutes and pretty much bothered me the rest of the run. However, that usually happens in my first run back from break.

Upon returning home, I iced the area and this afternoon will do more stability and strengthening exercises, as well as note that the injury is in a different location than what was perceived.

Popular posts from this blog

Shami Marathon Prep (WK 10)

HIT THE GROUND RUNNING

Grinding It Out