Gaining Momentum

After taking Sunday off as a precautionary measure and a family/wife day, I was eager to resume training on Monday. I have realized that my main issue with my adductor is strength. I need to strengthen it, as it feels better after I isolate the muscle group and work it out with a variety of stimuli and exercises.

Post my Saturday run I was a bit sore in the area and that bothered me, although I know I am on the mend. So, Monday I decided to jump back onto my originally planned training schedule, also incorporating a new running technique (which worked wonders with my form and efficiency).

Anyhow, here is a run-down of my last two days:

Monday, 8-21-2006
28'38" or about 4.5 miles in Heritage Park
An absolutely great run. I did have some soreness and tightness in the area, but I focused on "running on eggshells" and proceeded to have a great run, improving my time nonetheless. I felt much more efficient, light, and crisp in my running form. I was able to finish strongly and did not have to stop once to stretch for any reason. A great run.

Tuesday, 8-22-2006
45' or about 6.5 miles at Memorial Park
Last night I did about 1hr of Pilates with Irma Quinones of Amstel Fitness in Clear Lake. I truly thought I was not going to be able to run this morning, as she fried me. My muscles are so weak, it was quite embarassing. Anyhow, wearing my CW-X short tights, I managed a great run given the conditions. I spent close to an hour in traffic (got a late start to my morning), but finally got going in the nice warm heat and humidity. I was feeling some fatigue, but I hit the first mile in close to 7'15" and the first loop in 20'01" and 3 miles in 20'35" or so. So, just at sub-7' pace. I was not sure if I would make it another loop, but pressed on, hitting 39' and change, so closer to 6'30" pace and 6 miles in 39'45", and then bravely kept going to add-on another 6' for a total of 45'. A great run. Had a little fatigue issue towards the end, but not much at all and no major pain. I have to expect some discomfort as 1) I am out of shape and 2) I worked out three times yesterday (one run and two sessions of strengthening). Anyhow, I am very optimistic for this week and the near future. I think I am on the right path to health.

Popular posts from this blog

Shami Marathon Prep (WK 10)

HIT THE GROUND RUNNING

Grinding It Out