Start of the Week

Tuesday, 7:30 PM, 10-03-2006
59'18" for 9 Miles around Memorial Park
Another good run. Starting out better than yesterday, but ended worse. Oh well. Had some strengthening issues with my left foot (shoes too tight) and my glutes were super-sore. Anyhow, had some good running moments, especially my final 2 miles after I had to stop and stretch. Very hard to tell how fast I am running in the darkness, but another good run for commitment's sake, and I got home before Perla, so that made me feel better about the run. Am realizing I cannot train in the AM at the moment, so I have challenged Erickson to give me a mid-week fartlek and perhaps a track workout next week. My 5 x 12' effort will be saved for Saturday. Where, I'm not sure yet.

Monday, 7:15 PM, 10-02-2006
58'24" for 9 Miles around Memorial Park
Well, I've sucked it up for the time being. Due to my current living and life situation, I am unable to train in the mornings and stay healthy. So, I have committed for only a short while (I hate taking away time from my family) until we move to running after work at Memorial Park on the nicely lit, 3 mile loop. Anyhow, a good run, as I have not gone close to 60' in quite some time. Ran in the Elixir's again and am not loving them. They are a bit boxy and stiff, and created some forefoot and arch pain, but I can deal with them. I just don't want to wear out my last dinosaur 900's before the 50K, if need be. A good run, completely disappointed that I cannot run the 6'20" pace Erickson calls for, but I need to be patient and build strength.

Popular posts from this blog

Shami Marathon Prep (WK 10)

HIT THE GROUND RUNNING

Grinding It Out