Building a Snowball

Tuesday, 6:45AM, 10-10-2006
55' for 8 Miles on the Seabrook Trails + 8 x 100 Meter Strides

Ah, a good run. Very rejuvenated traveling out to Seabrook every morning. It's like I am going to work again. Love the loneliness of the trails, and lately the darkness. It has been warm and humid, so I need to start running without my shirt, but alas, I am Kenyan in this respect lately. My quads were still torn, but I managed to enter a smooth, powerful rhythm with no hiccups in my stride whatsoever. I guess my left quad is a bit sorer than my right, but it gave me no problems. Beautiful high tide today on the run and was proud that I added up my course correctly. Nailed 55' right as I got back to the loop for a second time.

After the run was what I feared most: 8 x 100m strides. In the past I have not been healthy enough to run strides, but I laced up my 205's and got out there. Was going to run them on the trails, but someone parked in my path and I hopped onto the road. Just focused on runningl smoothly and pain free without worrying about running fast, as my legs were trashed to the point of not being able to run too fast anyway. Finished up good and immediatly my legs felt much better than before the run. What nice muscle stimulation can do for one's soul. Tonight, 5 miles, easy, in prep for tomorrow morning's bridge workout.

5:00PM
34'46 for 5 Miles at Terry Hershey Park
A necessary evil. First double in quite some time and I was trashed, so this became a pure recovery run, working on form and footstrike. Actually, footing was poor as my shoes were slipping on the lightly wet and dirt-filled path and there were some nice short, steep hills along the course. Just glad to get the run in. My left adductor/hip flexor is quite sore, but that was to be expected. Really need to make time for an appointment with Dr. Sanders.

Popular posts from this blog

Shami Marathon Prep (WK 10)

HIT THE GROUND RUNNING

Strengthen