The Story of Josh Rohatinsky

The above picture is of myself and current BYU superstar harrier, Josh Rohatinsky. I came across Rohatinsky while part of the USOC "Live High, Train Low" Altitude Study in Deer Park, Utah. The above picture was taken at the Heber City High School track in Heber City, Utah, at close to 5600 feet of altitude. Rohatinsky was "hired" as our rabbit for our 3000 meter time trials while in Utah. On this occassion, I believe I clocked 9'04" for the 3000 two days after running 25+ miles in the Wasatch Mountains (my infamous getting lost story), while Rohatinsky led us through the mile in under 4'40". Great kid. At this time he was about to breakthrough with, I believe, a sub-9' 3200m later in the season, or he had already enrolled at Brigham Young University. Regardless, we all knew that this kid was special. And he proves it to this day, as he is already undefeated and headed into the NCAA Division I Cross Country National Championships as a co-favorite for BYU. Great memories.

Popular posts from this blog

Shami Marathon Prep (WK 10)

HIT THE GROUND RUNNING

Grinding It Out