Mo, 1/18/2016
2 miles jet-lagged at Lake Williams with 118ft of gain in 18:08
* Pretty hilarious that I wanted to run 2:40 this morning. My coach said 60 min, my body said NOTHING. Gave blood this morning for a lipid panel with fasting and then running at noon (which is midnight in TPE) probably did me in.
Tu, 1/19/2016
9 miles easy down to Nixon Park with 762ft of elevation gain in 1:09:19
* Solid morning. It was freezing, but I felt pretty good. Had some fatigue after about 30 min, but I kept trucking. Wanted an hour, but totally drew a blank on how long this route was... thought it was a sub-60 min loop, but I saw 51-min and hadn't started the climb back up the Greenway, which put me in a panic since the girls were home. Finished up strongly with the 1 min pick-ups. Pretty happy how hip felt. Really good run, really good sensations, although a bit slow.
We, 1/20/2016
7 miles steady down the Greenway+ with 352ft of gain in 45:34
* Solid run. Had tons of energy and felt great on top of my stride. Jerod did a great job loosening up my upper core and getting  me to activate my hip flexors. Very pleased. Thought I'd be faster than 7:00/mi, but course is tough and it was cold. 17-degrees.
Th, 1/21/2016
6 miles with 8 x 1 min up Mill Rd. (4 hard, 4 good) with 884ft of climb in 49:01
* Was pressed for time, wasn't sure if I could run this before work. Got up early, it had snowed about an inch, but I had traction, so I set out in the darkness. Opted to run to the base of Mill Rd. Hit the first one solid, then found my rhythm and knocked them out. I loved the 4 hard, then 4 good, as it allowed me to remain controlled and within myself, yet still hit my HR. Great workout. Everything felt great. 
Fr, 1/22/2016
10 miles easy down to Nixon Park with 778ft of gain in 1:13:18
* Solid run. Pretty damn cold, but last big run before the snowstorm. Hit up the big climb and was running really well. Still some weakness in my right hammy and my left hip is still not right, but I will work through it. Figure racing will expose it.
Sa, 1/23/2016
6 miles easy on the treadmill in 40:00
* 7.7 mph at 1.5% for the first 20 min, then 3.5% grade for the final 20 min. Felt really good to run on the treadmill. Nice and balanced. Left hip was perfect. Just some tightness in my right hamstring, but really good sensations.
Su, 1/24/2016
8 miles steady on the snowy streets of Seven Valleys with 957ft of gain in 1:07:41
* Started out in MicroSpikes, which ended up being a mistake although they felt so good. Tightened up my right soleus after a bit, took them off, and then had some great running. Hit some snow piles that were up to my stomach! Crawled and rolled out and then hit up Brighton Dr. twice and then my Achilles started tightening right on cue like my coach said it would. Wanted 3hrs, but am being prudent. If there is no work tomorrow, will knock out 90-min if possible.
Total
48 Miles with 3,842ft of Elevation Gain

Popular posts from this blog

Shami Marathon Prep (WK 10)

HIT THE GROUND RUNNING

Strengthen