SO I DESIGNED A SHELL..

Mo, 2/1/2016
6 miles steady thru Brighton with 423ft of gain in 38:55
* What a great sensation.. my legs felt so strong and full of running. Super powerful and without fatigue. Was in a great trance and then got chased by a pitbull. A bit scary, as there was no way out and the thing was relentless, but I survived.
Tu, 2/2/2016
6 miles easy around Brighton with 642ft of gain in 44:31
* Awesome night last night, thanks Tensley Syrah, but woke up with no energy and legs pretty tired. Then it didn't help that the streets were icy from yesterday's rain. Almost canned my run, but took off figuring I'd just go slow. Nice and easy. Only right hip flexor bothersome. 
We, 2/3/2016
6 miles with 4 x (2 x 400m) with 200/400m jog rest each set 1" faster at York Track in 44:18
* Raining and 40-degrees. Drove out to York College and Lanes 1-2 were plowed (thank you, YC). Warmed up for 20 min on the track, then put on my Slingshots and hit the first rep, which was an 80! I flipped, did my jog and hit it again and saw 81! No way, I said. Maybe I wasn't warmed up. So then hit 74/75, 71/72, 69/70. Pleased with how I finished, but man, I had to really focus to get going. Once I got going I knew I wasn't worried about running fast but man, I have a lot of speed work to do to get fast when I need it. Back in the day if you called out a 65, I could run a 65.0 to the "t".
Th, 2/4/2016
6 mile recovery around the neighborhood with 487ft of climb in 46:22
* Didn't have much so kept it relaxed. Felt nice and smooth other than my left calf and right hip flexor. Kept it comfortable in Logan's Reserve then hit up Brighton to finish off the run. Good decisions. Feeling good.
Fr, 2/5/2016
7 miles at Gun Rd. with 3 x 1 min flat, 3 min up, 1 min flat/down with 796ft in 55:23
* Damn good commitment. Had some early meetings, so opted to head out before lunch. Started really snowing when I started and was a bit worried, but I had traction so decided to give it a go. Also, the yellow train gates were locked so the workout turned into an obstacle course. Figured I'd take shelter in the nearest pavilion and set out for the course I created in my head - flat to Gun Rd. jump the two yellow barriers, head up to Keech, and then blitz down. Obviously the first one was tough. Gun Rd. is steep. I aimed to keep form and finished up strongly, with just enough course to spare. My recovery was an absolute jog downhill. Was figuring how #2 would go, but it was very, very strong and I was running how I wanted. #3 was just perfect. I was powering up Gun Rd. better than the first two and finished up strongly with no mechanical issues. Really, really pleased.
Sa, 2/6/2016
6 mile recovery down Mill Rd. to Brighton with 679ft of gain in 41:54
* Felt it last night, just a tight left adductor and groin/hamstring from the crown in Gun Rd. and really powering yesterday's workout. Loosened up well to finish up. Really pleased with the pace while jogging on some big hills.
Su, 2/7/2016
17 mile long run at Caledonia State Park with 1,277ft of elevation in 2:00:01
* Opted for a shorter drive this weekend, so I hit up the Beast Loop. Wanted to run it backwards to get the steeper grades climbing instead of descending. Left adductor felt great waking up, but should have had more warm-up before making it up Piney Mountain Rd as my left calf was tricky. Nice snow/ice patches made it interesting, but I am getting fitter. Climbed strongly and then headed down the road and that's where stop-and-go started with my right adductor acting up, just bonking left and right. Needed to add on so headed up New Baltimore Rd. after a water and GU stop, then got back to the car and started my 4 x 1 min, 1 min at 1:45. Nice and smooth battling old pains. Good run, very surprised at my pace. Solid.
Total
54 Miles with 4,295ft of Elevation Gain

Popular posts from this blog

Shami Marathon Prep (WK 10)

Strengthen

HIT THE GROUND RUNNING