I'M DOING THIS FOR THE THRILL OF IT

Mo, 1/11/2016
5 mile regeneration on the Keelung River with 185ft of gain in 39:20
* Went to bed at like 4:30/5PM yesterday, so I woke up at 9, 12, 3, 5AM and finally got out the door. Was worried about my core, but I controlled my pace and felt really good the last 5-10 min of the run. Left hamstring has some pain. Good.
Tu, 1/12/2016
7 mile with light fartlek of 6 x 1 min, 1 min at the Keelung River track in 50:39
* Woke up with good energy, ready to go after a night of coughing. Got out in the dark and was very pleased with the power in my legs. Had a pretty tight right hamstring and an iffy post-tib left calf, but I ran strongly but with slow turnover. Very windy, got down to sub-5:10/mi pace for the pick-ups and then cruised back home. Good power.
We, 1/13/2016
9 miles on Jiannan Rd with 1,755ft of elevation gain in 1:03:26
* Great morning. Windy and chilly with light rain, I headed out easily up Jiannan Road just working on strength and power, keeping my HR low. I then had a pretty good descent but ran into some energy issues by the bottom. Found some good strength once I started climbing, but them my right hammy finally gave out and had to stop several times to stretch. Promising that the final stretch was very fluid with no pain and held up well. Really happy with day of work.
Th, 1/14/2016
7 miles steady on the Keelung River with 198ft of gain finishing with 5 x 30/30" in 51:46
* Ate way too much last night. Was delicious (Peking Duck), but was a 15-course meal. I literally had the biggest stomach ever. Gross. Legs felt good. Still two issues: left calf and right hip. Had some good rhythm, woke up right hammy.
Fr, 1/15/2016
10 miles with 9:30/6:30/7:00/6:00 efforts with 3-4 min rec. with 703ft of gain in 1:09:04
* Last workout in Taipei. Goal was 3 x 10 min, with 3-4 min rec. Scouted out a nearby loop, felt good warming up, and nailed the first effort until a dog fight caused me to stop. Jogged the recovery, then started counter-clockwise and by 6' my right hamstring wasn't working right so instead of force it, I adjusted the workout. The third rep was awesome. Very powerful, flowing nicely and working hard. The final one I was just stupid, was running really controlled, zen-like, but then tried to get creative and succumbed to the weakness in my hamstring. Cool-down back still feeling my left hip. Hmm.
Sa, 1/16/2016
Travel to BWI
Su, 1/17/2016
Travel to BWI
Total
38 Miles with 3,104ft of Elevation Gain

Popular posts from this blog

Shami Marathon Prep (WK 10)

HIT THE GROUND RUNNING

Strengthen