Mo, 1/4/2016
6 mile recovery down the Greenway with 262ft of gain in 40:40
Tu, 1/5/2016
7 miles with 5 x 90" slightly uphill on Club Farm Rd. with 479ft of gain in 59:46
* Pretty creative. Hit up 20 min easy on the Greenway, then took off my pants (it was 12-degrees, -1 degree windchill) and attacked as best I could 5 times up Club Farm Rd. Was worried before starting, but held up strongly with no major issues. Reminding myself not to kill myself in training and build upon each and every day. Finished up with 20 min easy on the Greenway.
We, 1/6/2016
6 miles around Lake Williams with 693ft of gain in 47:09
* Freezing. 12-degrees, icy. Had some energy, but no climbing strength, which is depressing. Psoas was a bit creaky, but held up well and ran well. Finished up strongly. Good starting point. Last climb around lake for 2 weeks. PT in the AM.
Th, 1/7/2016
8 miles down the Greenway with 20' easy, 20' good, 20' easy with 471ft of gain in 57:31
* Great workout. Woke up with great energy (must've been that Black Label Roburrito's) and rolled down the street. The 20' up-tempo was absolutely great. Was running fluidly, balanced, kept reminding myself to keep it chill, and only had some tightness in my left glute/adductor towards the last 5 min, which was much better than ever before. Very promising. Glad to get this one in the books and feeling confident of a solid return. Great work, finished up well.
Fr, 1/8/2016
Jog around LAX
* Awesome story: had a horrible headache. Couldn't run in the AM before my 7AM flight from BWI to LAX, but at LAX (6hr flight) had the worst headache ever. Had already eaten dinner (delicious vegetarian ravioli with spinach and Malbec), but put on my shoes and opted to run a little circuit in an empty part of the terminal: I would go down a set of stairs, climb up a ramp and repeat. Wanted 3-5 min of running. That's it. After my third one, this psycho Segway cop comes flying in front of me. He doesn't see me. I resort to a quick walk as he starts scanning the bottom floor (presumably for me). I change shoes, put on my blazer and walk out of there before he notices. He spent the next 30 min looking for me. :)
Sa, 1/9/2016
Travel to TPE
Su, 1/10/2016
16 miles on Jiannan Road in Taipei, Taiwan with 2,508ft of elevation gain in 2:06:27
* Had this desire to run up Jiannan Road after scoping out some courses on Strava. Wasn't sure what to expect, but woke up, had a great big breakfast (maybe my downfall), then waited a couple of hours and then Ubered to the start. Immediately set off comfortably, repeating my coach's mantra: don't prove anything to anyone. But soon enough, I had some troubles with my left leg. It just wasn't landing properly. I got into panic mode, but I was already committed to the whole run so start/stopped the whole ascent and descent, finally finding some nice rhythms. As soon as I hit the River, my stomach felt torn. It was my "core." It was absolutely destroyed and just felt torn and cramped. Walked the last few miles in the heat and humidity to a 7-Eleven to rehydrate and finish up the day. Wow.
Total
43 Miles with 4,406ft of Elevation Gain

Popular posts from this blog

Shami Marathon Prep (WK 10)

Strengthen

HIT THE GROUND RUNNING