RUNNINGTIMES.COM EXPOSURE FOR A NO-GO





And so, RunningTimes.com ran a nice NEXT WEEKEND article in their Trail section in regards to this weekend's Moab 55K/33K. It was tremendously insightful and mentioned me as one of the top entrants,

The men’s race also features many past cup regulars. In Jordan McDougal (Linden, Va.), Jared Scott (Dolores, Colo.) and Ryan Woods (Boone, N.C.) three of the last four series winners are expected to race. Justin Ricks (Colorado Springs, Colo.), Jason Bryant (Elkin, N.C.) and Gabe Rodriguez (Ellicott City, Md.) are also among the top entrants.

So, yes, this was my early season opener, but this is how life goes: 1) before booking my flight, I did not receive my full work schedule; and 2) before booking my flight, my wife and I did not look at our daughters's school calendar. 

1) We have massive Planning meetings, an "off-site", Monday thru Friday of this week, so a Friday departure is not possible.
2) Howard County Public Schools is CLOSED on Friday, while Montgomery County Public Schools (my wife's county) is OPEN... so in being Mr. Dad, I would have to stay home and care for my kids, thus making a Friday departure impossible.

So, that's why Family Planning 101 should always be first priority - pay attention to your work and school calendars, people! Way to go, buddy, all my training and excitement for nothing... for another run in slushy, cold, wintry snow mix in the Mid-Atlantic.

However, I truly appreciate the mention, Justin Mock of RunningTimes.com...

Popular posts from this blog

Shami Marathon Prep (WK 10)

HIT THE GROUND RUNNING

Strengthen