SECONDS

So what's the goal for 2014? That's a good question.

I've never been one to follow the path most traveled. I am also not one to remain on the current trail. I respond to inspiration... so one day I may be wanting to maximize my talents on the track, another day it's roads, and another day it may be trails or ultras.

I started out 2014 wanting to compete at the WMRA World Masters Indoor Track Championships in Budapest, Hungary, with goals of sub-8:40 for 3000m and sub-4:05 for 1500m. However, my everlong recovery from this recurring calf strain didn't allow for me to train in spikes or flats, so I made the call about a month ago to preserve my newfound health for the sake of my soleus and gastrocs... and get back on the trail.

However, nature has been against me. Snow, upon snow, upon snow. It's been a crazy winter in the Mid-Atlantic, but it's allowed me to learn my limitations and push my comfort zone. Hopefully the weather will shift soon and I can enjoy some great dry trail running.

Back to 2014... when I was injured, my only regret in running was not racing a 50-miler. So, I want to compete in a 50-mile trail race; race in as many US Championship MUT races as possible; attack portions of the La Sportiva Mountain Cup in which I felt I could have placed top three in 2013, and potentially line up at a major European mountain race and the 2014 WMRA World Masters Mountain Championships in Tefles, Austria. There's also the newly developed US SkyRunning Series that piques my interests (and resources), but we'll see where life, and running, take me.

It just feels good to have health and get out there, feeling alive and free...


Popular posts from this blog

Shami Marathon Prep (WK 10)

HIT THE GROUND RUNNING

Strengthen