I'M BIGGER THAN THESE BONES...

Mo, 2/8/2016
6 miles easy around the neighborhood with 256ft of gain in 40:36
* Nice recovery. Woke up tired from Super Bowl 50, but I am recovering much better. Nice and smooth, no real issues other than right calf, but felt good. Mondays are always the hardest.
Tu, 2/9/2016
2 miles of moving around in Pittsburgh, PA in 20:00
* Disaster. Snowstorm moved in, so I awoke to a slippery road. After climbing the hill and realizing I had nothing for some reason, I ran back down and headed to the gym, but the treadmill sucked and felt I would get injured. Called it a day.
We, 2/10/2016
7 miles with 3-5-7-5-3 min fast (avg. 5:36/mi), rec. 2 min at Fort McHenry in 52:44
* It was windy and pretty freaking cold, but I got out there since I couldn't run in the morning due to snow/ice. I headed out, brought my Slingshots, and got to work. Rolled a good one (tight left calf) and hit 5:36/mi pace. Recovered then hit 5:45/mi for the 5' and another 5:45/mi for the 7 min. Came back down to 5:36/mi for the 5' and then finished up with a surprisingly strong 5:23/mi for the final 3 min. In the stiff headwind, i was pretty pleased. Was really working on my extension and my stride and my power, relearning to run fast again. Got it going and very pleased. Now to PT.
Th, 2/11/2016
5 miles steady with Perla out to Morgan's Point in 35:53
* Geez.. ran with Perla out to Morgan's Point after a full day of traveling to Houston and she was rolling. Just stayed back and finished up as easily as I could but not pleased. Oh well, will get going. Calves at least felt great.
Fr, 2/12/2016
11 miles hilly on the Kemah Bridge in 1:14:26
* Dude, I am getting old. My freaking hips are so weak. Just creaky and cranky. I have never had hip issues, but with the PT messing with my pelvis, it's loosened everything up. Just need to start really working some exercises. Had some good moments during this run but always felt in danger of straining my hip again. Oh well, I'll take it. Just feel like I need to be doubling.
Sa, 2/13/2016
6 miles with Rudy and Perla at Seabrook in 40:01
* Well, that sucked. After a very slow first mile (that's what I get for running with people), my left post-tib started killing me and I was very concerned so really backed off. Not a happy camper. Guess yesterday's hip issues weakened my landing and thus made a weak post-tib over-work and strain.
Su, 2/14/2016
Rest
Total
37 Miles with 354ft of Elevation Gain

Popular posts from this blog

Shami Marathon Prep (WK 10)

Strengthen

HIT THE GROUND RUNNING