EVEN WHEN I'M DOWN I'M LOOKING UP

Mo, 2/15/2016
6 miles at Seabrook with Perla in 35:54
* Felt so light and effortless, but left post-tib needs work. Frustrating. Running 6:10/mi pace like nothing. Started out with some 1' light pickups, but went off on my own after a couple of them with Perla. She's in good shape.
Tu, 2/16/2016
Rest
We, 2/17/2016
6 miles out of shape around Brighton Ct. with 406ft of gain in 38:30
* That was so strange. I was ready to attack 60 min, but started running and had nothing. Plus, the pain in my left post-tib was limiting me, so I smartly cut the run down to 40 min and called it a day. Frustrating, will start icing.
Th, 2/18/2016
6 miles with 4 x (400m uphill, jog rest, 400m downhill) with 517ft of gain in 43:34
* Very positive. Started out with some pain, but once I got into my Slingshots, didn't have an issue. Wear-tested the Nike Power Tight on this workout and had power the entire workout. Kept form really well and really pleased with effort. Leg felt better after the run than before so that is a good sign.
Fr, 2/19/2016
8 miles strong through the hills of Seven Valleys with 890ft of gain in 1:10:16
* Heck of a run. Woke up to quite a motivational UTMB/CCC video and realized how slow these guys run in these events, so I practiced restraint on my course and had a great run. My post-tib felt great by the finish and I was strong. Step in the right direction.
Sa, 2/20/2016
6 miles steady around Brighton Ct. with 409ft of gain in 39:36
* Great run. Felt perfect other than my damn right Achilles aching. I seriously can't catch a break. Felt on top of my stride, no problems, post-tib warmed up fine and just kept it rolling nice and easy. Ready for tomorrow.
Su, 2/21/2016
8 miles on Woodstock Tower Rd. and the MMT with 1,294ft of elevation in 58:24
* Drove the 2.5 hours to Woodstock to hit up some dry trails and pretty sweet looking climb. Got there, did a quick 1-2 min shake-out and opted to hit it up before my Achilles acted up. I have to say, Woodstock Tower Rd. is a lot like Mount Washington, just a mini-version. It is a legit climb. Avg. 9% grade. Unrelenting. It was awesome. i worked pretty damn hard and held my form surprisingly well. I then stripped down (over-heated) and hit up the MMT, which was a mistake. The leaf-covered trail with millions of rocks fired up my side Achilles and I opted to call it a day. Hit the descent down Woodstock and it was awesome, opening up and flying. My legs are getting strong. Highest HR of the year.
Total
40 Miles with 3,507ft of Elevation Gain

Popular posts from this blog

Shami Marathon Prep (WK 10)

Strengthen

HIT THE GROUND RUNNING