CONSUMING ALL THE AIR INSIDE MY LUNGS...

Mo, 1/2/2017
Rest & Recovery - "Manchester by the Sea" + Strength
Tu, 1/3/2017
7 miles easy in absolute darkness and mist/rain in 54:03
* avg. 7:31/mi... super dark. Rainy, misty. Had good energy. A little concerned about my calves, but they held up and my gait was strong thanks to strength-work. Happy with the run, but fell apart after about 4.5 miles or so. Finished up the best I could. Have some issues with right hip flexor. Will strengthen. Never stopped watch.
We, 1/4/2017
10km destroyed/stressed down to the RT in 47:32 + 4 strides
* 7:35/mi.. 302ft of gain.. nothing. That sucked. Really thought I was going to knock out 10 miles+, but yesterday was a tremendously busy day at work. So much to catch up on and get ahead of with the long break. Ugh.
PM: Physical Therapy - Right TFL, R/L Post-Tib/Calf
Th, 1/5/2017
2 miles, 3-2-1 Laps of Swann Park with 3:00 rest in 7:51, 5:05, 2:26, 2 miles
* avg. 5:41, 5:09, 5:18/mi.. solid pace on the return home. It was 27-degrees and freezing. Not sure if I believe the paces. I worked really well and relaxed on the first one (avg. 2:37, avg. 2:32, avg. 2:26) so got progressively faster on the workout, which is great, plus my HR was much lower than last time out. Avg. 161bpm for the workout (164, 169, 167bpm). Good stuff. Original plan was 8-6-4-2' fast, just didn't have the time.
Fr, 1/6/2017
Travel, Work in NYC, Travel
Sa, 1/7/2017
10 miles of good aerobic work around Lake Williams in the snow (13-degrees) in 1:24:00
* 996ft of gain.. forgot my watch, but knew today was about effort, time, and distance. Was worried about ice, but had a great run balancing my body and running strongly. Didn't have much energy on the first loop, but warmed up well and hit halfway and just had to go back due to Newton's Law: a body in motion tends to stay in motion. Finished up extremely well. Great pace, effort, power, energy. Am getting fitter and becoming a good trail runner.
Su, 1/8/2017
20km steady up Tower Rd. onto the Darlington Trail with 2,077ft of gain in 1:47:07
* avg. 8:43/mi... avg. 148bpm.. heavily debated after my wife went for a morning 15km, drove in circles to Lake Williams but really wanted Colonel Denning after Perla helped me realize FB pic was from Dec!! So, hit up my imagined Tower Rd. course and was glad I did. It was a great climb. Grueling but icy, then the trail was sweet, if not cambered. Return was good energy, the final climb strong, and the descent awesome. Just so strong. Some slight right Achilles pain in the end stopped me at my car, but a great 20km on the run and longest of the year.
Total
43 Miles with 3,757ft of Elevation Gain

Popular posts from this blog

Shami Marathon Prep (WK 10)

HIT THE GROUND RUNNING

Strengthen