THE DAY THAT NEVER COMES

Mo, 8/29/2016
4 miles easy on the Rail Trail at York College in 31:17 + 4 x 200m in 34, 34, 35, 34
* avg. 7:46/mi... felt no energy during my run. Total funk, especially my right glute med for some reason wanted to act up. Got on the track, however, and had tons of power. Rolled 34s, just powering and feeling healthy and balanced. As I type this, my hips feel great. Good sensations. 
Tu, 8/30/2016
7 miles with 2M warm-up, 3M push flat/uphill - 6:04/13:52 (5:46/mi GAP), 2M down in 52:45
* avg. 7:33/mi.. must be fighting these allergies. I feel like complete garbage during the warm-up, just heavy breathing, etc. Hips felt good, but got going and running "backwards" on the flat rail trail, hitting 6:04, which was disappointing, but but dismissed it from my mind and started the climb. Thought I'd have to stop as my left side just wasn't functioning well, but I kept pushing. Finally got to the steep sections and was working really well. This time hit proper Summit Cir Rd and kept hammering, doing my best to make it up the final incline without my left quad/leg shutting down or causing damage. Great progress. HR went from 164 to 173 and pace dropped from 6:03 to 5:46/ mi GAP. Feeling good, only left hip/glute a bit tight. PT today.
We, 8/31/2016
6 miles steady on the Rail Trail in 46:03
* avg. 7:29/mi.. gaining confidence. Nice and smooth, mentally committed to picking up the pace. Felt balanced, no hip pain, no post-tib and just had to deal with fatigue and a dark Howard Tunnel. Finished up strongly and when I got home weighed in at 132.8 lbs. Nice.
Th, 9/1/2016
AM: Left VMO Test
PM: Physical Therapy
Fr, 9/2/2016
4 miles steady on the Rail Trail re-living Jager and Gebrihwet in 29:14
* avg. 7:08/mi... there we go. Got some great PT yesterday from Abby on my left VMO, totally loosened up. Weather was brilliant - 61 degrees. Started out fluid and stayed fluid! 6:53 final mile, just feeling great. Hope this holds up on the mountain tomorrow to continue my fitness. No breathing issues, no form issues. 
Sa, 9/3/2016
Ossian Mountain 4M with 1,274ft of Elevation Gain in 37:05
* avg. 9:17/mi, 7:47/mi GAP... ran in X-Wings.. pretty proud. Lipsey surprised me with a visit, but I knew I could only go one loop on this course. Once I woke up in the morning and walked out, I realized how technical it was. What a great decision to run in trail shoes, but man, I just got to work, avg. 168bpm the whole way. Great work. Finished healhty and actually did some great climbing, but Lipsey is on another planet right now on these type of technical courses.
Su, 9/4/2016
Family Time at Niagara Falls
Total
28 Miles with 2,126ft of Elevation Gain

Popular posts from this blog

Shami Marathon Prep (WK 10)

HIT THE GROUND RUNNING

Strengthen