I'M SWEATING, I'M BREATHING...

Mo, 8/22/2016
4 miles easy on the Rail Trail in 31:47 + 4 x 200m in 37, 38, 37, 36 (rec. 200m)
Tu, 8/23/2016
6 miles with 2 mi easy, 2 mi up York Summit, 2 mi down in 45:08
* 420ft of elevation gain... 15:49 for first 2 miles, 14:25 up Summit Rd, 14:52 back down... great workout. Woke up tired, but got out there. It was 55-degrees! Ran in a Streaker Tee. Felt good on the warm-up, a little tightness in my right glute, but stretched and got after it. Could tell I was a little slow and lacking power, but kept working. Was climbing well, soon realized I made a wrong turn on Upland, but found my way to the Summit Cir stop sign and turned back. No real issues other than the right tightening. Felt I got stronger. Great run.
We, 8/24/2016
5 miles easy on the Rail Trail in 39:01
* avg. 7:44/mi... took it nice and easy. Had a rough night with my left hip/glute med.. but woke up and it was fine. Just ran easily on the trail. Feeling stronger, but these runs need to start coming down to 6:45/mi and not 7:45/mi. Work.
Th, 8/25/2016
7 miles steady down Union Church Rd. with 346ft of gain in 51:54
* avg. 7:30/mi.. first day of school for the girls. Woke up early, debated running the Lakes and then started down the country roads and opted for Union Church and it was a good decision. The rail trail lets me reset until I can focus again for the climb back home. It was a very good run and finished with great energy around Cougar Pointe. Change in mentality in attacking the finish from now on.
Fr, 8/26/2016
5 miles easy, with allergies, on the Rail Trail in 38:23
* avg. 7:33/mi.. definitely suffering from allergies, feverish, chills, sneezing, eyes, but I felt so weird but didn't have to stop and stretch. Felt fluid and loose. Only left post tib a concern, some tightness, but will work on it. Finished well.
Sa, 8/27/2016
9 mile long run around the Lakes with 1,061ft of gain in 1:11:54
* avg. 7:43/mi GAP (8:02/mi)... heck yeah. I had fever and chills all night, sweating all night, from allergies, but went to bed by 9 o'clock. Figured if I didn't get my long run in this morning, I would not get it in all weekend. Drove out after sleeping late and got going. Body felt good from the start, hit some malaise after 3 miles, but then got going again. Stopped to adjust my hips after the second Joppa Rd. then felt great to the finish. What a relief. Much improved, but a long way to go. 
Su, 8/28/2016
5+ miles around the Perkiomen Trail in Phoenixville PA in 40:12
* avg. 7:40/mi... after reading some logs, realized I am still 1-min /mile slower than I need to be on my runs. From the get-go, my left post-tib was cranky. Tried to work it out but kept running. Finally had a good twitch to finish up the run, but no pleased. Probably should have rested today, but I am on a roll. Will get work done this week. 
Total
42 Miles with 2,224ft of Elevation Gain

Popular posts from this blog

Shami Marathon Prep (WK 10)

HIT THE GROUND RUNNING

Grinding It Out