THIS IS A LOW FLYING PANIC ATTACK

Mo, 5/9/2016
5 miles steady on the Greenway in 38:02
* 288ft - avg. 7:25/mi. Calves felt slightly better, so I was confident to add on but am very thankful will get work on them today by Jerod. Right calf is just tender and tight. Feeling okay, but fit, and light, ready to roll.
Tu, 5/10/2016
6 miles moderate on the Greenway in 44:18 + 6 x 100m uphill strides
* 294ft - avg. 7:18/mi... felt brilliant on this run for the first 4.5 miles, then some fatigue, but battled comfortably until the end. The strides felt very fluid. Another rainy, cold morning. 
We, 5/11/2016
1.5 mile warm-up, 3 x (5 x 300m) in 54-54-54-54-51 with 60"/4:00 rest at York College
* whew. Solid work. I pretty much nailed it. Haven't worked this hard in a while and feels really good to run fast and smoothly. The first set was a breeze. No issues. Running comfortable. Second set was fun. No issues. Able to nail it. By the third one, my upper right quad and deep hips/waist were starting to ache, then my left soleus started waking up because of the effort an no longer being smooth. However, calves held up well. Very pleased. Good work.
Th, 5/12/2016
5 mile regeneration on the Greenway in 40:21
* 231ft - avg. 8:09/mi. Finally am getting stronger. My legs were trashed from yesterday's workout, especially my quads. Calves felt 100%. However, what I thought would be a waste of a run turned out to be a great run. I was fluid and moving nicely with no major issues. But, I was running slowly enough that I cut it down from 6 mi to 5 mi. Good call.
Fr, 5/13/2016
7 mile progression around Candlestick Park in San Francisco in 46:00 + 6 x 100m Up Sutter
* avg. 7:11/mi... felt great, although pretty damn tired after getting in at 3AM. Started out relaxed and aimed on running smoothly. Was running great, but only seeing 6:30/mi, but didn't worry, as I was fluid. Finished up well, some tightness in hips/quads from 300's, but the uphill strides went really well. Figuring this out.
Sa, 5/14/2016
Warm-Up, MUIR WOODS 7 MILE in 55:55
* 1,861ft - avg. 8:01/mi (6:52/mi GAP)... 2nd Fastest All-Time.. ran relaxed and controlled saving it for B2B tomorrow but definitely got into it. Too much trail congestion to really open up and crank it, but I kept it steady and had some brilliant moments of running. A bit tentative thinking of the post-tib, but absolutely zero issues during the run and post-race. Very pleased. Nothing really slowed me down other than the downhill steps. Legs held up fine. 
Su, 5/15/2016
Warm-up, BAY TO BREAKERS
* avg. 7:06/mi... early on realized I had nothing and then started with Corral B, so I opted for a light fartlek and an attack on Hayes Hill (which was for naught as my time didn't get registered). Very happy how light and smooth I am running. Got under 6:00/mi pace by the end, but my right hip locked up the final 200m, which was not cool since my right post-tib was barking slightly. Great weekend of work. Very pleased with fitness and durability.
Total
48 Miles with 3,100ft of Elevation Gain

Popular posts from this blog

Shami Marathon Prep (WK 10)

Strengthen

HIT THE GROUND RUNNING