I SURE COULD USE A VACATION FROM THIS

Mo, 12/21/2015
6 miles steady on the Greenway with 192ft of gain in 39:20
* Just about what I expected. Felt really good, just some minor soreness, but no pain and no fatigue/giving out. Smart decision to rest the weekend, but now hoping the worst is past and can continue training. Will follow Kevin's guidelines- if I feel it walking, I will not run.
Tu, 12/22/2015
Rest
We, 12/23/2015
3 miles steady and crisp on the Greenway with 140ft of gain in 21:03
* Felt really good. Yesterday's day off helped alot, spoke to HO, and then decided to back off and just run 20-min this week to reset the strained glute med. Didn't have any pain. Legs felt light but a tad weak on fitness. Rolling.
Th, 12/24/2015
4 miles steady down the Greenway with 164ft of gain in 23:48
* Well, I am not capable of running short distances. I just turn them into tempos, which is great. I love the feeling of a smooth, powerful run. Took it easy and just rolled, keeping my form as best as possible. No breakdowns no soreness other than left calf.
Fr, 12/25/2015
7 miles easy around Lake Williams from Nixon Park with 673ft of gain in 57:24
* Well, that was stupid. My coach said "run 20-25 min, then continue to walk until 60 min" and so I said, nah, I'll just run for the full 60 min. And, of course, after 20 min, my hip was pretty flared up, but I pressed on and finished it up. Oh well, had to find out.
Sa, 12/26/2015
5 miles steady on the Greenway with 191ft of gain in 27:14
* Damn. Another good day of running. Was worried after yesterday's stupidity, but I felt great out there. No slowing down, great stride, great endurance, much improved pace. All systems go. Need to stay on the Greenway for a week.
Su, 12/27/2015
6 mile long run on the NCR at Feedom to Bentley Springs with 191ft gain in 39:53
* Maybe I should have run on the Greenway. Wanted a long run of at least 8 miles, just to test the hip, started out feeling great, effortless, but by the turnaround, I was crashing. Seriously, no wine last night. Every time I don't have a glass of wine with dinner, my run is messed up. At least that's one theory. Today it was my right hamstring/adductor. Oh well, yesterday was a stress effort so probably should have controlled myself more. Glute was crankier than in past. 
Total
31 Miles with 1,524ft of Elevation Gain

Popular posts from this blog

Shami Marathon Prep (WK 10)

HIT THE GROUND RUNNING

Grinding It Out