NOBODY CAN DRAG ME DOWN

Mo, 11/2/2015
AM: 5 miles easy around Lake Williams with 582ft of gain in 38:14
PM: Physical Therapy - Left Post Tib
* Was motivated all weekend to get this run in... I wanted to test my post-tib on my favorite course and I knew it would be a heck of a test. Right off the bat I thought I was in trouble, but the post-tib held up well. Felt great on the ascents, good on descents and iffy on the flats. Tons of leaves, really good pace, new arm motion and Victoria's 9th BDay!!!
Tu, 11/3/2015
9 miles easy exploring around Lake Williams with 1,135ft of elevation gain in 1:16:06
* Went against doctor's orders and hit up my planned run. Lacey had wanted me to rest because she really attacked my post-tib yesterday, but I knew it was going to feel great, and it totally did with no real issues. Didn't have much energy or power, as I need to rebuild, but it was great getting out there for an exploratory run on the trails. No issues.
We, 11/4/2015
6 miles steady to relaxed around Patapsco with 461ft of gain in 37:33
* Interesting start, as my watch didn't start and stopped to go to the bathroom after the opening mile. Wasn't sure what to expect, but wanted to make the day a bit of a fartlek and attack Water Bars a little. Was slipping and the trail was tremendously covered with leaves so kept it chill. Was tremendously surprised at my pace (7:25/mi) when I finished.
Th, 11/5/2015
AM: 10+ miles steady around Lake Williams & Back with 1,207ft of elevation gain in 1:18:39
PM: Physical Therapy - Left and Right Post-Tib
* Wow, that was sweet. From the gun had great energy and felt super light and smooth. Decided to go for it and hammered out a pretty solid run for my fitness level. Took off :45/mile on the same course as Tuesday with an extra 1.2 miles tacked on. That's great improvement, and I was worried after yesterday's effort at Patapsco. Good stuff.
Fr, 11/6/2015
5 miles up Joppa Rd. at Lake Redman with 600ft of elevation gain in 40:04
* Nice and easy. Opted for some vert and hit up the longest climb in the area twice. Thought I'd have to run three loops, but was pretty tired and not running as fast as I thought I might. Good run, feeling nice and smooth.
Sa, 11/7/2015
9+ miles steady on the Appalachian Trail with 1,326ft of elevation gain in 1:19:03
* Great run. Was excited to run this, anxious with anticipation to lace up my S-Labs and see how my calves and and post-tib would hold up on the most treacherous of trails - the AT. Run went well. Only a few missteps and lived to tell about it.
Su, 11/8/2015
18 miles with first 90 min (11 mi) easy, then 7 mi hard with 1,283ft of gain in 2:27:36
* So, the plan was 90 min easy on the smooth A-T, then lace up my S-Labs for the last 4 mi hard. Was running easily on the out-and-back, but then at 50+ minutes I started rigging, like I was bonking. I was like, no way! Not possible. Figured my body was switching from burning Glycogen to fats, and I think I was right because I worked out of it somewhat. Switched shoes and then spent 10+ minutes trying to find the Northbound A-T.. finally found the trailhead and then realized I had looked at the map wrong. The mountains were still off in the horizon, but I said screw it, let's go. I was already depleted, then had nothing climbing to White Rock, stumbling on all the rocks and roots covered by leaves. The descent was even worse. I was just jogging. Finally, I hit the cornfields and got to work and finished up strongly. Damn.
Total
62 Miles (8h17') with 6,585ft of Elevation Gain

Popular posts from this blog

Shami Marathon Prep (WK 10)

Strengthen

HIT THE GROUND RUNNING