IT TAKES ME UNDER, IT TAKES ME UNDER ONCE AGAIN

Mo, 11/9/2015
AM: 5+ miles easy around Lake Williams with 649ft of elevation gain in 43:22
PM: 4 miles easy around Fort McHenry in 30:05
* Very impressed with my recovery from the long run. Usually, I would take today off, but felt so healthy and relaxed, just got it in. Then got in my double, which was just great. My new running form is helping my post-tib so much. Just some concerns with over-loading my quads, but it's a big muscle group and it will adapt. Good stuff. Promising.
Tu, 11/10/2015
9 miles pretty fatigued around Lake Williams with 990ft of elevation gain in 1:13:17
* The long run hit me today, as did yesterday's double. But this will only make me strong. 50 and rainy. Got out there in the dark and knocked it out. No major issues, other than energy. Had the best final mile in a long, long time. Good finish.
We, 11/11/2015
9 miles at the Rail Trail with 3 miles steady in 22:22 + 8 x 800m on /400m off in 36:01
* 5:36, 5:36, 5:53, 5:32, 5:38, 5:52, 5:38/mi efforts... brand new Forerunner 220, so GPS may be tricky until I learn it. Had left hamstring fatigue again on the start of #3, worked through it and tried to get into a rhythm. Not happy with this workout. Used to be my bread and butter, just struggle on flat dirt roads. Would've run 2:35's or faster on the track, so maybe will switch back. We'll see what the HR says once I get the strap in.
Th, 11/12/2015
6 miles of vert at Lake Redman with 696ft of gain in 42:27
* A great run. Woke up read to roll and hit up Joppa Rd. with a 4:29 and a 4:30. Damn even efforts, just running strongly and opening up my stride. Great sensations. Right hip a little weak, but a great run, very pleased.
Fr, 11/13/2015
5+ miles easy around Lake Williams with 565ft of elevation gain in 39:22
* Felt great. This run went by so quickly. Early on decided to call it a day at 5 miles and prioritize tomorrow's race. I am not training for a mileage figure, I am training to race well. Will make up the mileage Sun-thru the next 10 days. 
Sa, 11/14/2015
Twisted Turkey Trail Tussle 10M with 1,592ft of elevation gain in 1:07:57
* Weird. Great morning, super windy and chilly, but they did a great job clearing the trail (unrunnable a month ago). My whole goal was to run the first 5K circuit under control, as last year I got in over my head and took forever to recover, resulting in a rough 2nd half. And so, I started off easily and in control. Running smoothly up the pretty massive climb. I felt I was chill, started the descent, but soon into it, I felt my left glute tightening. This worried me, as the chain reaction was a drop in power. When I hit the flats, I was flat. I couldn't run. I stopped and stretched immediately, but that didn't help much. Kept climbing, hoping it would pass, but I was not firing. Stopped at the only water station. Still nothing after the monster climb. I thought I was dead in the water. And then, it happened: I woke up and started rolling, with proper form, I attacked. Ran the last 4 miles so much smoother and faster than last year. Missed my CR by 1-min, all lost in miles 3.5-5.5, but no worries, I finished tremendously well. Very pleased. 18:38 5K!!
Su, 11/15/2015
Recover
Total
50 Miles with 4,872ft of Elevation Gain

Popular posts from this blog

Shami Marathon Prep (WK 10)

Strengthen

HIT THE GROUND RUNNING