COOL FOR THE SUMMER

Mo, 8/3/2015
11 mile progression out at Patapsco Valley State Park with 1,187ft of gain in 1:26:11
* First run in my UA Bandits, and it was solid. 8/10. Didn't have much energy, but opted to progress and hit up some nice runnable trail. Really enjoyed the run, as it went by so quickly. 84-degrees, hot, nasty, finished hard (5:20/mi GAP).
Tu, 8/4/2015
10 miles aerobic around Lake Williams with 942ft of elevation gain in 1:18:29
* Totally tired. Pretty fatigued. Cut the run short, was supposed to be 20K, didn't feel like running through uncut trails. Nice and steady and easy. Minor aches and tightnesses, but nothing troubling. Bandits are good to go. Thinking about switching to XC.
We, 8/5/2015
2 miles, 8 x 400m Nixon Uphill, rest 3:00 + 2 miles fast in 12:07
* Ready to run. Creative workout, ran down to Nixon Park, opted for 7 x @ 400m or what I though was 400m, but wanted at least 90" efforts on the 14% grade. Hit 1:25-1:30-1:33-1:30-1:33-1:36-1:29 for 8 since I was pissed at that 7th one, which was not a great effort. Then got ready for the 2 miles hard, which wasn't sure what my body would give me. Ended up having the best 2 mile effort of the year, all uphill, 5:35 mi GAP, which just felt amazing. My stride was open, effortless, no tightness and no issues. Awesome workout. 
Th, 8/6/2015
8 mile recovery run with Kyle Hardenbrook at the Lakes with 893ft of gain in 1:02:40
* Ran with Kyle easy around the Lakes just chatting away. Great to run with someone else, definitely an easier pace than I would've run by myself. Left shin still a bit of shin splints, but getting stronger. Good day.
Fr, 8/7/2015
8 miles easy down to Nixon Park with 716ft of gain in 1:04:37
* Just wanted an easy run contemplating what to do tomorrow. Nice and easy, no real issues, hit up the loops, but this time ran the perimeter and then added on around the turnaround and my car. Good run.
Sa, 8/8/2015
MD HEAT TRAIL 50K in 4:38:19
* 3,677ft of Elevation Gain. Course Record, previous 5:22:36 - 2014. Not sure what I think about this one. I opted to register for the 50K, since it started at 7AM and didn't want to race the 25K at 9AM due to the heat. So, the plan was to drop out after the first lap, which I hit in 2:13, running comfortably tired. However, once I got through the finish line, I just couldn't drop as everyone was so excited and cheering me on, etc. I took off my shirt and mentally prepared myself for a long day. It was going to be brutal. It was getting hot, the course I knew very well and tremendously technical, and my longest run to date had probably been around 12 miles in the last 2 months. I knew I could make it to 24 miles, but then I would still have half the loop to complete. On the second loop I stopped at all the aid stations for a good amount of time (8-min total) to ensure I drank as much as possible, but I was fried with 4 miles to go after the 28 mi aid station. I just focused on finishing up, having good spurts of running, but just going through the motions. Finished up pleased, but tired, no major issues, and in my new UA Bandits. MUT continues. Nailed the Ultra portion today, nice win as Beck's 4:49 from 2014 is the fastest I've seen a 50K run in Patapsco and he was fresh off a 2:40 at Baltimore. Will take it.
Su, 8/9/2015
Recover, Rest, and Lou Ramos Soccer Tournament
Total
77 Miles with 8,599ft of Elevation Gain

Popular posts from this blog

Shami Marathon Prep (WK 10)

HIT THE GROUND RUNNING

Strengthen