Mo, 8/24/2015
7 mile aborted progression at the Rail Trail with 34ft in 49:44
* Ugh, 7:20, 7:00, 6:49, 6:34... that was it then started going in the other direction, having to stop, etc. Just depleted and tired from the race/workout and yesterday's great run. Maybe fishing got me as well. Calves need work. Thoughts. Perla back to work.
Tu, 8/25/2015
2 miles easy, 8 mile fartlek with 15 x 1:00 fast, 1:00 easy + 6 x 2:00 fast, 1:00 easy in 47:16
* Great work yesterday afternoon by Lacey at Pivot dry-needling my post-tibs. Felt like I had new legs and proved it today. Great work, great commitment. Got out there while too dark (5AM wake-up), so didn't run the warm-up I wanted, but had some great work. Started having some right hamstring tightness and weakness after 15', but worked it out and rolled really well on the 2-minute pick-ups. My GAP was strong throughout, close to 4:00/mi pace on some of them.
We, 8/26/2015
8 mile recovery down to Nixon Park with 624ft of elevation gain in 1:06:44
* Legs haven't felt this fatigued in quite some time, which tells me I did some great work yesterday and some not so great work re-hydrating, etc. Busy day with the kids on PTO between braces, soccer, and nature center. Need to keep going.
Th, 8/27/2015
8 miles steady around Lake Williams with 945ft of gain in 58:53
* Wanted a good effort. Got a good effort. Kept my effort up and just ran as steady as my body wanted, and it was a good run. Strong on the hills. A bit of burning on my left piriformis/IT and my post-tibs, but nothing too concerning.
Fr, 8/28/2015
3 mile warm-up at HCGT, then 3 x 1.4M Home Loop in 7:34, 7:32, 7:35 with 3:00 rest
* Great workout. Drove out to HCGT because mentally I couldn't jog 3 miles around my neighborhood, then drove back to start my workout. Original was 4 x 2k + 3 x 1k, but opted for roads and 3 x 1.5M + 2 x 1K, but life schedule only allowed for the 3 x 1.5M. I was controlled and fluid and damn surprised when I saw my pace after cresting the big climb out of the neighborhood on Player Blvd. I was running 5:20s pretty comfortably. Only concern was my right upper quad tightened up on the last repeat. Otherwise, tremendously consistent and strong. Great workout and something to build upon.
Sa, 8/29/2015
8 miles of trails at Strawberry Hill Nature Preserve with 1,067ft of elevation gain in 1:07:13
* Not pleased. Wanted 11 miles hard, but the trails were over-grown. I hit up the first 3 mile loop of the Turkey Tussle, but it was not worth it, turned around and hammered around the regular trails, but then found myself overgrown again. Soccer Tournament.
Su, 8/30/2015
Soccer Tournament
Total
48 Miles with 3,606ft of Elevation Gain

Popular posts from this blog

Shami Marathon Prep (WK 10)

HIT THE GROUND RUNNING

Strengthen