I THINK I USED TO HAVE A PURPOSE

Mo, 5/4/2015
8 mile fartlek around the Lakes with 8 x 4:00 easy, 3:00 fast and 934ft of gain in 56:47
* Woke up with absolutely no energy, but knew I had to get out there and give it a shot. After a slow start, I started working hard, hammering the ups. Great fartlek. Right glute/hip failed on the last descent. Need to focus on that.
Tu, 5/5/2015
13 mile medium long run around Lake Redman with 1,427ft of climb in 1:36:59
* Heck yeah. Great dedication, complete addiction. Said screw it, let me get out there. From the first step I was running strongly. Light on my feet, body feeling great. Cruised the trails, worked through the aches, only fatigued last 1 mile.
We, 5/6/2015
6 miles easy around Ft. McHenry in 44:00
* Another tired day, big NA Wholesale presentation tonight, so a good stress relief. It was hot, wore Bandits, so my stride was funky figuring out the new landing pattern. Achy from pressure, but nice and relaxed and controlled. 
Th, 5/7/2015
10 mile fartlek around Lake Williams with 24 x 2:25 easy, :35 hard and 1,138ft in 1:13:13
* Almost nailed this perfectly at 72'. Really thought I would only run one loop as I have been exhausted, not much sleep, coughing fits at night, allergies, fatigue, but I am getting fit and strong. Felt 100% on the last couple of pick-ups. Great.
Fr, 5/8/2015
5 miles comfortable down the Greenway with 211ft of gain in 36:49
* Great sign. That was a jog. Nice and light and fluid. No issues, just cruised down to Nixon Park. Saw a yellow finch and a Cardinal along with a couple of rabbits. Nature coming to life. Really good run, heading to Dr. then to Pitt.
Sa, 5/9/2015
20 miles, with Glacier Ridge Trail 30K and 2,922ft of gain in 2:34:11
* Exactly what I wanted. Matt Lipsey showed up, and I knew there was no way I was going to race him, given his fitness and my current fitness, so I opted to go into long run mode and run for 2nd, while executing my training. Tough course and Lipsey is an absolute beast. He took off the line at sub-5:00/mi pace and practically sprinted the course. Was 6 min back at the turn-around, 4 min at 12 miles and then I just lost power due to my fitness (longest run was 12 mi). Awesome.
Su, 5/10/2015
Support Perla's BQ at the Discover Bank Delaware Marathon (10th in 3:37:45)
Total
62 Miles with 6,621ft of Elevation Gain

Popular posts from this blog

Shami Marathon Prep (WK 10)

Strengthen

HIT THE GROUND RUNNING