Take A Side

Monday, 10-24-2011
45 min steady on Innovation Lab treadmill ~ 6.5M
Tuesday, 10-25-2011
Warm-Up, 4 x 2 Miles (rec. 3 min) in 10:51, 10:31, 10:42, 10:50 ~ 10M
* That was nice. Woke up to 47-degrees and a very wet field. Marked out my 2M circuit and set off feeling quite comfortable. With a goal of 11-min per 2M, I was confident in this workout, and hit 5:31 through the opening mile. Right on pace. By the start of #2, my feet were frozen solid, legs a little heavier, but with the frozen feet I had no idea how fast I was running. I looked at my watch at the mile and didn't want to process it and finished up in 10:31. 10:31. I thought my workout was ruined, I had shot my load. However, I felt fresh with the third rep and finished strongly and the fourth rep was just a matter of getting it done. I was in a zone. Great work. And I have not eaten all day. Combine that with my stress levels, and I'm surprised that I am still upright!
Wednesday, 10-26-2011
1:26:01 steady around Patterson Park ~ 13M
* Massive gains in fitness. I actually had energy and strength to run a good pace. I had a rough first few miles, but my last few miles were very efficient and strong. I doubted the distance of the course and it came out to 12.94M, a nice 6:35/mile pace in the middle of the day. The goal tomorrow will be to get in a double. Also, to recover. My left quad is acting up post run, but think it just needs fuel. Ate salmon + mashed potatoes for lunch. Needed protein.
Thursday, 10-27-2011
47:18 easy around Ft. McHenry ~ 7M
Friday, 10-28-2011
AM: 52:48 easy around Patapsco State Park + 8 x Strides ~ 9M
PM: 27:20 recovery with Perla around Bellows Spring ~ 4M
Saturday, 10-29-2011
27:10 easy thru Rockburn Dr in Rainstorm ~ 4M
Sunday, 10-30-2011
Warm-Up, Marine Corps 10K in 34:42
* 29-degrees, icy roads... not great running conditions, but I lined up feeling good. Went out well and was smooth and then we hit the first icy bridge and started slipping and sliding. It was hilarious. Maintained composure and heard a disappointing 10:45 thru 2M and heard 16:37 at 3M. I ran without a watch on purpose, as I just wanted to compete, but was getting rough at 3M with a dead left leg, but I kept battling until we hit another icy patch. I was passed at 3.5M and opted to latch onto this runner and tried running hard. 27:50 at 5M is what I heard and I was running very well the final mile, but those miles were into a nice headwind and then the uphill finish was a surprise, but my final time was not. I am just a 34-min 10K guy right now. I have not done the work. I can run fast, workout fast, but I have no strength endurance. Just no power. No confidence to keep the pedal down the whole way. This is another step in the right direction, but this is what I am running 45-55M/week. I am a 16:30/34:30 guy. Sad, but true. Once the time changes, I will get to work as much as I can. I ran a miserable 15:37 this year on the track, so I know it'll come back. Just need to keep working best I can.
Total
62 Miles

Popular posts from this blog

Shami Marathon Prep (WK 10)

HIT THE GROUND RUNNING

Strengthen