3 Weeks to Go


Monday, 06-20-2011
AM: 4 miles steady around Elkridge in 28:26 (5:27)
PM: 3 miles easy around Ft. McHenry in 22:58
* Well, as you are quickly going to notice, my wife is on Summer Break, and so that has opened up the mornings for some doubling. I was a bit ambitious today thinking I would run 4/6 mi but in the grand scheme of things, I did run 1 mile farther than I usually would, so it's a good start. Will attempt doubles until I depart for Eugene.
Tuesday, 06-21-2011
1 mile easy, 7 x 1200m Norris Ln. in 4:22, 4:07, 4:16, 4:07, 4:10, 4:05, 4:11 (r. 30")
* Was motivated to run some sort've workout this morning, so I had it in my mind to drive out to Norris Ln., a hilly dirt road in the middle of Patapsco with good footing, and knock out some intervals with minimal rest. Odds had more uphill, while evens had more downhill. I ran just the right amount of reps, and felt like my calf held up well. It did make its presence known, but I was in control this workout. Very nice that I had such little recovery. As I get more experienced, I am finding that less recovery improves my fitness more quickly. Would like to run this again in a month.
Wednesday, 06-22-2011
8 miles easy around Patapsco Valley State Park in 1:02:46
Thursday, 06-23-2011
Travel to Eugene, OR and Attend USATF Track & Field Championships
Friday, 06-24-2011
26 miles progressive on the McKenzie River Trail in 3:05:56 (1:38/1:28)
* The absolutely most gorgeous and beautiful trail I have run on to date. No wonder this was ranked the # 1 trail in America. Well worth the drive and effort. The run was butter... smoth pinecone singletrack, nice climbs, nice descents, perfect weather (50s), just brilliant. The onyx McKenzie River gave me strength and I consciously picked up the pace on the return and blitzed it. Had a couple of rough patches, but definitely gained my confidence back for IAU. Just wonderful. No major issues. Right hip flexor was a problem, but then I said "screw it" and decided to focus on enjoying the moment and opening my stride, using different muscle groups. Just great. Afternoon was a great lunch with Salazar and his family at the Original Pancake House. Great stories...
Saturday, 06-25-2011
Travel to Avon, CO and Attend Tough Mudder
Sunday, 06-26-2011
6 miles climbing from 7,800ft to 12,200ft in Avon, CO + 4 strides in 1:10:30
Total
54 Miles

Popular posts from this blog

Shami Marathon Prep (WK 10)

HIT THE GROUND RUNNING

Grinding It Out