Thinking So Much Differently

Monday, 12-06-2010
25 min, abort run due to discomfort in Achilles
Tuesday, 12-07-2010
Recover
Wednesday, 12-08-2010
Rest
Thursday, 12-09-2010
45:10 around the Inner Harbor
* Ah, so I've been a disaster lately. My body continues to sabotage my plans of greatness. This time around it was my Achilles, and so I let it rest. Today was much better, basically pain free until the last 10 min, but I think it's just working its way out. Decided to drop the Ravenna from rotation and focus on the Racer ST and hopefully the MT-101 in the near future.
Friday, 12-10-2010
44:40 around the Innter Harbor
* Pretty interesting run. Headed out at lunch after debating running on the treadmill (first because of Achilles feeling weak and second because of cold/wind), but the run was great as it started snowing on me within a couple of miles and really started coming down the last 20-min, which was fun. It's amazing the difference between one day and the next, as today I ran a full 1-mile further than yesterday on the same course and still ran faster on the way back. Crazy. Need to ice all night the calf/achilles.
Saturday, 12-11-2010
1:55:41 around the Patapsco Trails
* I think I made a great decision. Tomorrow calls for rain, sleet, and snow, all day long, so I opted for my long run today. The calf/Achilles was feeling pretty good and never worsened on the run and actually felt better towards the end. However, had some fun that killed me at 1H30' or so a group of mountain bikers tried to chase me down on the Purple Loop and I must've run 5-min pace for close to a mile and a  half before they caught me, and then we did it again, but this time on more technical trail, I out-ran them which left me wasted for the final 20-min of my run. My hip flexors were fatigued due to running with pants for 2hrs, but it's all in getting me stronger. Nueces 50M...
Sunday, 12-12-2010
Rest
Total
3:50:51

Popular posts from this blog

Shami Marathon Prep (WK 10)

HIT THE GROUND RUNNING

Strengthen