Florida's Fastest over 5K-Marathon in 2006

http://www.flrunning.com/news/03-05-07-FL_Fastest_Times.html

* Quick update. Was listed above in 2006 in Florida for times of 15:18 (although I also ran 14:50), 32:20 and 1:10:10 and was not listed with my 2:39:05 for some reason (would have been #3?).

Anyway, training has been going absolutely great except for the fact that I have a "whiplash-type" injury to my neck and upper back. Not sure how it happened. I believe it was a 1-hour phone call while driving that gave me the stiff neck, either that or my 100M sprints uphill. I am pretty positive it was the phone call (thanks, Boss!).

So, tomorrow is my first serious timed workout. I re-scheduled it for Sunday, as I am flying out to Seattle for a week on Monday morning. I am debating either running it in my Spikeless Mach 9's or in my T5's, which I have been so comfortable in... I wish I could be running it on a grass field, but I just don't have a wheel to measure out the distance, so the track will have to suffice. Am aiming for 24:28 pace, or 73's. Goal for the season is to get into 30:10 XC shape, which is 29:30 shape or so on the track. Will be increasing my intensity as the season progresses.

Popular posts from this blog

Shami Marathon Prep (WK 10)

HIT THE GROUND RUNNING

Grinding It Out