Travel

Tomorrow I set out for the second longest travel day of my life as I head to Whistler, Canada. I will pretty much be awake for a full 24 hours. I will attempt to get in as much training as possible and still nail a 65M week, but we shall see. Work will come first. Here's some food for thought from Nelly's, "Heart of a Champion":

"It's like a big time decision made on how I can twurk it
If hard work pays off then easy work is worthless
My work habit ain't no habit man, I do it on purpose
I push myself to the limit so my talent'll surface"

Absolutely tired. I should have postponed my tempo workout today until tomorrow, but I went ahead and ran it. Ran 16:08, but from the first strides, I knew it would be tough as my body is still on Pacific Coast time. Was impressed with my toughness, but, once again, I should have known better. The only thing getting me to run the workout today was that I want to participate in the All-Comer's meet on Tuesday, and running for 2h on Monday would not have allowed that to happen. So, tomorrow I will run long and hopefully feel strong.


Man. I'm not sure I will ever get used to running around the Mountain, regardless of how strong I get. I mean, the last time I ran this loop, I ran 2h05'. Today, I took 3-minutes off that time and felt much worse, but I am just that much stronger. However, I was completely wasted by the time I was done, and once again, after 1h50' my right back/hip just locks up and makes it tough to run fluidly. However, am very glad I got this run going. Next time, I will meet up with my clubmates to run long on Sundays. Today, I recover and spend some time in the pool, relaxing my muscles.

Monday, 5-14-2007
Travel

Tuesday, 5-15-2007
9 Miles Recovery in Whistler, Canada, in 1:02:28

Wednesday, 5-16-2007
7 Mile Fartlek, 6 x 3' Fast, 2' Easy in Whistler, Canada, in 45:26

Thursday, 5-17-2007
10 Miles Recovery in Whistler, Canada, in 1:04:13

Friday, 5-18-2007
4 Miles Recovery in Whistler, Canada, in 30:19

Saturday, 5-19-2007
7 Miles, including 3M Tempo at 5:25 Pace at The River in 44:01
19:35, 5:24-5:19-5:25 (16:08), 8:16

Sunday, 5-20-2007
19 Miles Steady around Kolb Farm in Kennesaw Mountain in 2:02:46

Total
56 Miles

Popular posts from this blog

Shami Marathon Prep (WK 10)

Strengthen

HIT THE GROUND RUNNING