SALVATION OF GRASS AND SLC
















Mo, 1/21/2013
16:58 easy on the grass fields of Worthington Elementary ~ 2M+
* This could be the breakthrough I've been looking for... ran 2M, 1M, and 2M the days previously, feeling damn good in the calf. My only limiting factor is going to be my leg muscles! Tomorrow I am brave enough to go 4 miles before I head out to SLC... the loop is about .5km and is decent footing with a slight incline on the backside, creating some good stimulus and testing for my calf.
Tu, 1/22/2013
28:02 steady on the grass fields of Worthington Elementary ~ 4M
* Alright, a raging success other than falling apart completely by the final 2-3 minutes of the run. It was 11 degrees with a windchill of 3 degrees. I was freezing my @ss off, but I had to get this run in and get some self-confidence. I was feeling great and then my muscles depleted or just freaking hit their limit after 25 min, but I called it at 4 miles, instead of a stubborn 30-min, as I am not in the mood to risk anything.
We, 1/23/2013
16:39 easy in miserable weather in SLC streets ~ 2M
* Ugh, food poisoning and frostbite! My hands were frozen. I have no idea how cold it was, but my gloves weren't enough. 100% on concrete sidewalk, with gave me some acheness and worry post-run, but it subsided by the evening. I think I contracted some food poisoning from the slice of pizza I ate prior to boarding my flight yesterday. Sick as hell.
Th, 1/24/2013
20:00 easy on treadmill ~ 3M
* Awoke to sleet rain and ice rain, so I opted for the treadmill, which was great. The TRUE was positioned in front of a mirror, so I stripped down and checked my form. The beauty of this injury is that I am more more fluid in the upper body now and am not leaning one way or the other. That's a great relief, no imbalances. The only weakness I see is in my lower legs/calves, in that I am landing pretty flat-footed, due to reduced flexibility in my ankles and I'm not as explosive. But this can be fixed with some hill sprints and drills, but I'm not ready for that. Dealt with food poisoning all night so run was with 0 energy.
Fr, 1/25/2013
15:00 progression (7.0 mph > 8.5 mph) ~ 2M+
* Alright, finally have some energy and ran great. Full of pep and stride, managed to test out my calf to 6:30 pace and it responded well. Just need to keep being smart because I feel the calf is relaxed and ready. Nothing stupid.
Sa, 1/26/2013
Snow Day
Su, 1/27/2013
35:06 steady around the snow-covered Worthington Elementary field ~ 5M
* Loved it. Classic Gaby-run... 2-3" of snow covered grass, I plugged away with precision-like purpose, working very, very well the whole way. I didn't fall apart, although the last mile was a good push. Great sensations. Feeling good.
Total
18 Miles

Popular posts from this blog

Shami Marathon Prep (WK 10)

HIT THE GROUND RUNNING

Strengthen